CMU South Quad Residence Hall Improvements
Construction Management at Risk with GMP (CM)
Central Michigan University
Clark Trombley Randers
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
This 269,979 sq.ft. project required renovation of (4) residence halls: Beddow, Merrill, Thorpe, and Sweeny Halls and Merrill Dining Center, which is located in the middle of the quad. The residence halls house 1,600 students and the dining center averages 5,000 students a day. This renovation included the following:
- Fire alarms were installed in (4) of the halls. The previous fire alarm system was circa 1960s.
- Fire suppression was added to (3) of the halls
- Both fire suppression and alarms were installed in the dining center
- Electrical panel upgrades throughout
- Replaced all ceilings and lighting in (3) halls and the dining center
- Installed new 6” water main and 6” fire suppression line, directional bore
- Installed new water meter and backflow preventor
This fast-track renovation was completed 2 weeks ahead of schedule and under budget.