Michigan State University Library Expansion/Renovation
Construction Management (CM)
Michigan State University
Ralph Calder Associates
East Lansing, MI
Vertical expansion adding a fourth floor to MSU’s main library and renovation of existing space to accommodate the expansion. The scope of the project included:
- Vertical expansion , adding a fourth floor over the entire building footprint
- Complete replacement of the building’s exterior curtainwall system
- Renovation of existing spaces
- Upgrades to the building’s mechanical and electrical systems
- ADA and Life Safety improvements
All work was performed while the Library remained fully operational. The complexity of this project was further challenged with the need to protect the surrounding Beal Botanical Gardens, the oldest continually-maintained university operated botanical garden in the United States.
Clark completed the MSU Library ahead of schedule and $1.5 million under budget. The project won a Construction Association of Michigan Award and was a Marvin Black Partnering Award nominee.