W.J. Maxey Juvenile Training Facility
Construction Management (CM)
State of Michigan
Tower Pinkster Titus Associates
Whitmore Lake, MI
New 165,000 sq.ft., 200-bed addition. Expansion and renovation of the South Campus provides a secure setting for high-risk juvenile offenders. The additional beds facilitate implementation of a 3-tiered classification system including maximum, flex-max, and medium-security for treatment programs. This provides secure settings for all activities involving youth including visitation, education, dining and recreation.
Scope of work included:
- Two new housing units with 10-bed separate, secure pod areas per building
- Classroom space
- New reception and security area
- New full-service kitchen and dining facility
- Gymnasium, exterior basketball & volleyball courts
- New perimeter security fencing
- New powerhouse facility
Construction started in May 2012; scope of work entailed renovations and additions to the dining and kitchen areas of the building. Construction Completed in December 2012.