Ann Arbor Municipal Center
Construction Management with GMP (CM)
City of Ann Arbor
Quinn Evans Architects
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The new Ann Arbor Municipal Center is a 5-story, 113,000 sq.ft. building, with 19 spaces for secure parking at grade. There are 21,000 sq.ft. per floor and three penthouses, containing elevator equipment and mechanical and electrical equipment, totaling 3,200 sq.ft.
- 1st Floor: Small parking garage for Police Department including a vehicle sally port and the main entrance lobby for the building.
- 2nd Floor: Police Department main holding cells and offices and storage.
- 3rd Floor: Police Department offices and open office areas.
- 4th Floor: Magistrate court room, open office area and private offices, jury assembly.
- 5th Floor: Three court rooms and judges suites. Public lobby in front of court rooms.
Security components include: public lobby with magnetometer and package x-ray system; key-card access and cameras throughout; security office with complete remote elevator control, security monitors, fire alarm and PA system control; offices with emergency call buttons; secure judges chambers and a secure hallway that leads to rear courtrooms; secure vertical access with judges’ security and inmate control provided through the use of 3 secure elevators and a secure tunnel; building perimeter included structural concrete planters with retaining wall depth to prevent vehicular penetration.
Phase one included construction of a new facility for the 15th District Court and the Ann Arbor Police Services. The second phase included renovation of the basement and first floor of the Larcom Building (City Hall). The renovated basement includes new police locker rooms and storage, mechanical equipment, and a small conference center.