Clark Construction Company built its first K-12 projects in the 1950s. Over the years, educational projects have been one of our major market segments, recently comprising as much as 48% of our annual business. Clark’s K-12 Division has successfully managed more than $2 billion in K-12 facility construction.
Details of our K-12 experience include:
- Our K-12 Division is comprised of Project Directors, Managers, Engineers, Coordinators, and Superintendents who have dedicated much of their career to understanding and addressing school districts’ needs and concerns.
- Our team knows what it takes to work in occupied buildings, while keeping the safety of the students, staff, administration and the public in the forefront of their minds.
- 95% of our K-12 projects have been contracted on a Construction Management-Agency basis, which means that we have the reporting and delivery procedures in place to become an extension of your staff while minimizing disruptions to your ongoing school operations.
- We offer pre-bond assistance to our K-12 districts. Most of the districts that Clark has assisted have successfully passed their bond issues on the first vote.
- We have constructed well over 600 million square feet of K-12 facilities and of that millions of square feet has been renovation work.
Today’s school projects are much more complex than buildings of the past and include technology/media centers, high-tech auditoriums, and larger athletic facilities. However, the needs of your Administration remain the same – to manage your schools with being students the first priority. Clark Construction Company’s pledge to your school district is that “we will manage your building program so you can manage your schools.” This allows your district to focus on each schools’ needs without worrying about the details and administrative aspects involved during your construction project.
- Pre-Bond Services
- Facility Needs Assessment
- Clarity – BIM Coordindation
- Closer – Commissioning & Turnover
- Pre-Construction Services
- Scheduling (including Clockwork)
- Trade Partner Bidding and Procurement
- Construction Manager-Agency/Construction Manager at Risk/General Contractor
- LEED Management
- Academic space and classrooms
- Secure Entries
- Technology Installation/Assessment
- Athletic Facilities
- Kitchen and dining facilities
- Administrative offices and support space
- Library and media centers
- Extensive mechanical and electrical upgrades
- Complex renovations