Today’s water and wastewater utilities face complex challenges in meeting the demands of continuously growing populations, while responding to the persistent evolution of regulatory mandates while overhauling aging infrastructures. This environment requires both systems, and the organizations that serve them, to meet and maintain a high standard of excellence. Simply put – protecting this critical natural resource for the future is vital to sustaining healthy communities and a healthy nation.
Clark Construction Company understands the intricate challenges of the water and wastewater infrastructures and provides solutions to successfully navigate their construction to completion. By applying our technical expertise and our nearly 75 years of broad construction experience in overcoming distinct project issues, we help municipalities and utilities authorities provide the highest water quality services to their constituents.
Our experience in water treatment plants, wastewater treatment facilities and pump stations included the construction of new, stressed, and aging systems and infrastructure projects to meet the demands of growing communities that these agencies serve.
Examples of some of our recent projects include:
- Clark Construction was the General Contractor on the emergency repair contract for the Sludge Thickening Complex A at the 1.8-billion gallon per day Detroit Wastewater Treatment Plant Water Resource Recovery Facility, the largest single-site wastewater treatment plant in the United States.
- The General Contractor at Risk for the rehabilitation of a 1,500-foot long electrical utility tunnel and addition of below grade structures, and the replacement of medium-voltage electrical feeds for the 400-million gallon per day Lake Huron Water Treatment Plant, providing potable water to 33 communities throughout northeast Michigan.
- General Contractor for the replacement of plantwide 9-mile long steam, condensate, compressed air, and gas piping serving the primary treatment trains of the Springwells Water Treatment Plant 540-million gallon per day facilities, the largest freshwater plant in North America.
We are dedicated to providing industry-leading customer service, sensible project solutions, and a proactive approach to the evolving missions of our clients. Within our ranks are construction management professionals and holders of advanced credentials that significantly contributed to the construction advancement of many water & wastewater infrastructure projects that include:
- Water Treatment Processes including collection, screening and straining, chemical addition, coagulation and flocculation, sedimentation and clarification, filtration, disinfection, storage, and final distribution.
- Wastewater Treatment Trains including screening and pumping, grit removal, primary settling, aeration / activated sludge, secondary settling, filtration, disinfection, oxygen uptake and sludge treatment & handling.
- Water pumping and lift stations.
- Combined Sewer Overflow facilities (CSO) for the management of wet weather discharges under the Clean Water Act and the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.